Friday, February 27, 2009

Never, Under Any Circumstance, At Any Time.....

Never, under any circumstance, at any time, in any place, no matter what, should you ever, in any way, even if you think you should, never-ever, should you ever...............................
bring your baby/young child to a movie.



Last night I went to see Twilight at the dollar theater. I made it through the 15 minute credits, the lights dimmed, and I'm thinking, I made it! I have the whole back row to myself when a couple walks in with their newborn and young child. I'm irritated, but think, it's okay there are plenty of seats available. Maybe they will sit far enough away that I won't hear them. And where do you think they sit? One seat away from me. I repeat, ONE SEAT AWAY FROM ME. The movie starts and immediately their boy, I'm guessing 8-12 mo. old, starts babbling away. Cute? No. I wait about 5 minutes before moving 2 seats over to the end of the row. What happens 5 minutes after that can you guess? They move 2 seats over!!! Again positioning themselves with one seat in-between. At this point, kids or not, I'm so frustrated there's no way I think I can enjoy the show. As the little boy starts chattering again I look over at the dad with what I can only hope came off as my scariest death stare. He passed his boy over to the wife and she was able to quiet him down. Luckily, the kids remained remotely quiet and eventually they fell asleep. Let it note, there were TWO other couples in the theater with babies. One of which had to take their kid out when it started crying.

Look, I get the tired young couple who want to go out to see a movie, but I will say two things.
1.) GET A BABYSITTER! 2.) Don't have kids if you're not ready for your lifestyle to change.




The Office - Michael
"Sometimes I'll start a sentence and I don't know where it's going. I just hope to find it somewhere along the way. Like an improv conversation. An improversation."

5 comments:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

amen sister.
cory and i went to a movie
where a yelling match erupted over a screaming child.
awkwardness across the board.

why would anyone do that?
you may as well flush all that money you used to buy the tickets with, down the toilet.

Brad and Marci said...

I have kids so I know how great it feels to get out and see a movie...but not with kids! If you need to bring your kids to the movie go the matinee and watch a KID appropriate movie! I am so sorry the nerve that couple had I am embarrassed for them.

Anonymous said...

Just reading this post makes me angry.

I would have thrown out a death glare and maybe perhaps some swear words so they would have known I meant business.

I'm sorry that people are so clueless.

And yes, the time Catie is referencing to was awful. F-words were flying and kids were screaming. It was not good.

The Travelogue said...

That sucks! I hate crying kids at restaurants, planes, movies, etc. They should have an age limit for theaters!

Derk & Jen said...

I agree! That would drive me crazy and i have one of those sweet little angels.