Thursday, September 11, 2008

Background Music

I think everyone should have background music to their life. Just like in the movies, the minute I wake up a song is playing. Not on my i-pod or the radio, it just exists, filling whatever space I'm in with great tunes. On Monday I'd wake up, and of course Manic Monday would be playing! After that, depending on my mood, it would be a variety of slow tunes from FM100 as I got ready and made my trek to work. (The slow jams are due to my extremely mellow mood in the morning and let's be honest, I'm a huge FM 100 junkie) Around lunch time I usually get more pep and would probably be kicking it with some good ol' 80's tunes. Example, I'm sitting alone on the curb outside my agency enjoying the last bit of good weather and Tiffany's "I think we're alone now" is playing. What can you expect for a weekend night? Well, I believe a good mix of Pat Benatar or The Sounds would accentuate any activity or conversation. Life is just better with music. I would feel more comfortable reciting corny lines to my boyfriend with a little Elton John or Celine Dion in the background (This selection would not work for Jason, but remember it is my life and my movie). What would make a reunion of friends just that much more special? Well...how about "I'll stand by you" from the Pretenders. They see each other for the first time in years, they reach to embrace, and BAM on comes the music. You can't tell me that wouldn't bring a tear to your eye! Point being that life, at least my life, would be much more interesting and fun with continuous background music. Now the final question is, what would be my theme song? Hmmm....I'll blog about it when I've figured it out.










(1st pic.) I can picture A little Dixie Chicks playing. (2nd pic.) "Girls Just want to have fun" of course.

4 comments:

Brad and Marci said...

Funny you should post about music because there is always a song that pops into my head depending on what's happening. For instance while I'm getting ready for our monthly get together my spirit is high and I sing Ladies Night (oh what a night! indeed they are) I have had New Soul -Yael Naim- playing constantly in my head while I am in my "self discovery" mode. I do however get a little break from that song while Cole is in preschool and Kali is napping and of course that song is A Happy Little Working Song because that is the time I can clean my house and it will stay clean for approx. 1 hour. Background music is a must!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I agree. I think that the second you wake up, the music would determine your mood. Like if you were really tired, then the music would be slow, saxaphonish type music. Or if you were running late or slept through your alarm, then it would be all frantic as you rushed around your house to get ready and out the door.

I imagine every time I got a bad email or an angry phone call, then the music would change. I think Life would be a lot more interesting, thats for sure. But possibly more dramatic... which could be bad.

Your theme song is "Foxy Lady" and mine of course is "The Last Unicorn"

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

aww i love this post! well, since i'm 24/7 with bennett...or emmitt, as you know him...i have 'sweet pea' by amos lee playing in my head...sigh, i'm lame.

we need to try that lunaberry place i was telling you about super soon...loves!

Derk & Jen said...

hey friend. I love your blog I have looked at it before but never told you how much I love it and you!