Thursday, October 16, 2008

Still frigid? Try a Blow.....Dryer


One of my favorite things about fall is the changing of the temperature. I love the middle phase between hot and bitter ass cold. The air turns crisp and cool providing you an opportunity to yes, wear your favorite scarf, AND use your blow dryer to heat up your bed before going to sleep. I cannot tell you how much joy I get from such a simple act. Here is how it works-crawl into bed, lift one leg or arm to create a tent out of your blankets and sheets allowing your blow dryer to fill the space with wonderful warm air. I promise you'll sleep like a baby! My sister was recently complaining of how cold her upstairs was, and well I taught her the trick and I swear it saved her life (hypothermia is a common cause of death you know). To those of you who would suggest purchasing an electric blanket I would simply say...grow up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your title! I was certain you were going to say Job after the Blow. But there you go again...tricking me.

I'm going to give it a try as I am a hypochondriac and am afraid of hypothermia. So- Thank you.

Brad and Marci said...

I have never thought to do your technique but you better bet your boots I did it right before my Sunday nap. I got super cold walking home from church and when I couldn't warm up from socks and hot chocolate your idea popped into my mind. Thank you I took a 2 hour nap without socks!