Saturday, November 29, 2008

Text Messaging Gone Wrong

So, you could say that my older brother and I don't have the best relationship. It's about every other conversation that we have an argument. I guess this stems from our past. It doesn't help that in High School he would tell people that I wasn't his sister, and many times would leave me at school to walk home or try to find a ride (it was a joyous day when Lynze Wardle got a car). Point being, we still struggle to have even a civil conversation sometimes. This Thanksgiving we had another irritating conversation where I attempted to be nice and was shut down immediately.

This text to my sister is what followed:
"Nate's an ass. Hurry!"
(meaning hurry and get here since she was over an hour late!)
and what do I see as I'm sending it? Oh, just that I was thinking of Nate as I was sending it and being all worked up, accidentally put his name in the send to box.
SSSHHHIIITTTT!!!!! is what was running through my head.

So, feeling more embarrassed than bad about the text, I walked up to Nate and said, "Hey I just sent you a text, it was an accident" and walked out. He was already mid texting me back. The rest of the night was.....awkward. Looks like I ended up looking like the ass that night!
Hate when that happens :)

For the record, we did end up making up as we most always do after one of our petty arguments.

This is the closest I could find to an "Oh Shit!" face

5 comments:

The Travelogue said...

Oh no! That sucks...I've actually done that very same thing before to a roommate, so I feel your pain!

Anonymous said...

I like it! So you mis-texted. At least your honest.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

welcome to the club...i'm the president...or do i need to remind you of your b-day i ruined?

Brad and Marci said...

It's funny how text go wrong at the wrong time! I really enjoyed the story though.

Derk & Jen said...

I don't think i've ever done that. But i'm sure glad you did.