Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Urban Sledding

I'm currently visiting my friend Lisa in Chicago and she asked if I wanted to go sledding?
"Um...sure, but there aren't any hills" was my reply.
This is how the city kids go sledding. Notice the traffic in the background. Also notice that by sledding I mean me pulling a sled along the snowy sidewalk.
It was Sean's first time sledding, and considering how cold it is in Chicago right now, I was suprised that he loved it. Plus he looks so adorable in all his snow gear!
We made a stop at a nearby park to hit the icy slides. Got to do what you can to make up for the abscence of hills!
He was so tuckered out that he just layed his head down on the way home.
I wouldn't trade my childhood sledding experiences for anything. There is nothing like repeatedly hiking up a huge hill, piling two or three girls on a tube, and flying down the mountain (or so it felt like a mountain at that age). I also can't forget the joy of hitting jumps only to fly off and get the wind knocked out of you. It's good for ya, makes kids tough!











3 comments:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

how fun! it looks freezing there!

sorry we didn't get together before you left. i hope you're having tons of fun.

no be careful, and if any losers try to steal your purse again, just stab them with that knife i gave you t carry around.

loves!

Anonymous said...

The Willey's were big fans of the green roll up sled things with the hole for your hands at the top. I'm telling ya; you felt every bump while riding on one of those bastards.

I bet Sean wouldn't have rested his little head if he were whipping down an icy hill with powder flying in his face on a thin piece of plastic. Oh well. Maybe he can come next year and we can show him how it's really done.

Derk & Jen said...

He his so cute I can't believe how much he has changed... love ya see you soon. I want to go sledding Ill let you pull me even...